Senior Contract Specialist / Administrator III
The Senior Contract Specialist/Administrator III will provide support in processing a wide variety of service and commercial item acquisitions, such as simplified acquisitions, small to large dollar contracts, varied contract types (ex: Labor Hour, Firm-Fixed Price (FFP), cost type), purchase orders, Inter/Intra-Agency Agreements (IAAs), Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts, Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), and task, delivery, and call orders.
Commonly, TAD-40 procures requirements using various contract methods such as those cited in FAR Parts 5, 12 - 15, 37, 43 and FAR Subpart 8.4 Federal Supply Schedules (FSS). In addition, TAD-40 work performed uses the pricing mechanism and principles described in FAR Part 16: Types of Contracts.
Monday - Friday
Core Work Hours 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Washington, DC | Telework
Must be telework ready. All work conducted concerning the requirement must be performed within the United States and its territories.
• Meet with program officials including Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and Contracting Officer (CO) to assist with cradle to grave procurement actions from acquisition planning to contractual execution.
• Provide senior level subject matter expertise obtained from hands-on experience in the specialized field of federal acquisitions to effectively support staff in processing services and commercial requirements through the entire acquisition process: acquisition planning, solicitation, evaluation, award, post-award administration, and closeout.
• Understand and apply knowledge of the federal acquisition process, laws, and regulations.
• Proofread and edit data and documentation prior to submission on a daily basis, ensuring that all work products are contractually clear and concise.
• During pre-award, analyze collected data. During post-award, identify missing data, contact appropriate individuals, and notify the Government of all findings in a timely manner.
• Assist with preparation and input of contractual actions into the FTA’s contract writing system (currently Enterprise Service Center (ESC) PRISM, but it may change).
• Perform data verification, perform quality assurance, and contribute input into Federal Reporting.
• Keep written updates of work in a spreadsheet, accessible online by the procurement staff.
• Assist with contract administration (performance and invoice tracking, as applicable) and preparation of contract modification relative to contract changes.
Required Background, Education, and Skills
• Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BS), or higher degree
• 8 years of relevant experience in the contracting field
• Senior level expert knowledge and hands-on experience equivalent to at least Federal Acquisition Certification Level III training and experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Senior level expertise in Government procurement
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Teams
• Internet research skills
• Knowledge of and experience with Government contracts such as FFP, Fixed Price with Economic Adjustments, Labor Hour, and/or Time & Materials (T&M)
• Knowledge of CostType contracts is desired
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills